As Athletes we BELIEVE that...
We believe that the teaching of PE at Eskdale should lay the foundations for our pupils enjoying healthy, active lives beyond key stage two. The learning of PE at Eskdale is rooted in all five of our core values.
As Athletes we STRIVE to...
Our core intent is to enable all pupils to strive to:
- Develop a love of being active take advantage of opportunities to be active for sustained periods of time, including extra-curricular activities
- Understand how to stay healthy and why it is important
- To engage in meaningful competition at an appropriate level, including striving for personal bests Experience and excel in a broad range of physical activities and sports
- Develop positive character traits, such as teamwork and resilience
- Develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance through a range of movement patterns
- Swim for a 25m distance confidently and proficiently, using a range of strokes
- Demonstrate appropriate water safety, including self rescue
PE is taught discretely at Eskdale, however opportunities are taken wherever possible to make cross-curricular links across the curriculum.
As Athletes we ACHIEVE by...
For all our pupils to achieve our method of teaching incorporates specific meta-cognitive strategies to enable all pupils to retain the learning of both skills and knowledge.