Our Big Question this term is 'Is Christianity still a strong religion 2000 years after Jesus was on earth?'
So far, we have:
- Discussed and researched some of Christianity's festivals (Lent, Christmas and Harvest).
- Chosen a Christian charity to research (CAFOD, Christian Aid, Salvation Army or Traidcraft) and found out what sort of things they do to help the poor in this country or around the world.
- Looked at the key verse 'Love your neighbour as yourself' and discussed what this means (your neighbour is not just the person living next door but is everyone we meet).
- Thought about what links Christianity has in our country:
- the oath that is used in court rooms
- the national anthem "God save the Queen"
- Also, we discussed how church buildings are being used today - some are closed and are being converted into houses; others are being built and can hold over 1000 people.
An Easter related activity
Have a go at creating an Easter garden using the resources that you have around you at home.