Welcome to year 5!
We hope you find the following information useful; if you have any questions then please do not hesitate to ask.
- Rewards – In year 5 the children will receive raffle tickets for good work, behaviour and achievement. These are collected over the half term and each week names are drawn out to receive a reward.
- PE – this term and the beginning of next term we will be going swimming on Monday afternoons. We may also have indoor and outdoor PE sessions during the week so if the children could have PE kits available at school throughout the week this would be really useful. Please do not forget that children should now be wearing their house colour t-shirt as their PE kit.
- Homework – Every Tuesday all children will be set homework to be handed in the following Tuesday. Homework will usually consist of:
- learning spellings
- a short literacy based activity,
- a short numeracy activity, and
- reading at least three times per week, which should be recorded in diaries and signed by a parent/carer. Children will be rewarded each week if they have at least 3 reads in their diary.
Homework club is available for all children to attend on Thursday lunchtime – please encourage your child to attend if they need support or time to complete their homework.
- Reading diaries – need to be in school every day please. Feel free to write messages and notes in these and encourage your child to let us know so that we can promptly reply back to you. Could we also ask that parents sign these diaries weekly. Teachers will check and sign these at the end of the week.
- Times tables –Please continue to use and encourage children to enjoy Times Tables Rockstars. All log in details are as last year; let us know if there are any issues.
Finally, swimming begins on Monday 9th September – please ensure children have their full kit and have handed in their goggle slips if they wish to wear a pair.
Thanks for your support, and we look forward to working with you and your child this year!
Miss Knightsbridge and Mr Holmes